Danielle F Toupo
657 Rhodes Hall
Curriculum Vitae (Last update: 10/23/2015) CAM Wiki
EducationPhD, Applied Mathematics, Cornell University, 2016 (expected)
MS, Applied Mathematics, Cornell University, 2014
BS, Mathematical Biology, University of Delaware, 2011
InterestsIn graduate school, I worked on (and studied) complex systems with nonlinear dynamics. In general, I am interested in impactful real-world problems that allow me to use my quantitative and data analysis skills, but also my problem solving and interpersonal skills.
Publications1) Aaron Gowins, Danielle F.P. Toupo, Kevin D. Hall. Modeling Human Energy Expenditure from Birth to Adulthood; In Progress.
2) Danielle F.P. Toupo, David G. Rand, Steven H. Strogatz, and John D. Cohen . Evolutionary Game Dynamics of Controlled and Automatic Decision-Making, Chaos; Accepted.
3) Danielle F.P. Toupo, and Steven H. Strogatz. Nonlinear Dynamics of the Rock-Paper-Scissors Game with Mutations, Physical Review E 91 (5), 052907 (2015).
4) Danielle F.P. Toupo, David G. Rand, and Steven H. Strogatz. Limit Cycles Sparked by Mutation in the Repeated Prisoner's Dilemma, Int. J. Bifurcation Chaos 24, 1430035 (2014).
MediaCornell Chronicle article : Rock-paper-scissors, the natural way
Science article : Rock-paper-scissors may explain evolutionary 'games' in nature
BTRY 7950 - Statistical Consulting
MAE 6750 - Nonlinear Vibrations
CS 6850 - The Structure of Info Networks
SOC 6850 - Social Dynamics
- Graduate Teaching Assistant:
- Graduate Grader:
- MATH 4220, Applied Complex Analysis, Fall 2013
Professor: Dr. Richard Rand